Outdoor Skills Camp
Time & Location
About the Event
Start the new year off with a healthy dose of nature! Come spend time with us outdoors as we explore the ways both humans and animals survive seasonal changes. During this 4-day crash-course, students will have the opportunity to:
- track animals and find the special places of the fox, deer, and even armadillos spend their days
- find our way through the urban wilderness via orienteering, map making, and using the stars
- build winter shelters: an a frame-tarp habitat , a lean to, and a wicki-up and explore various methods to stay cool, or warm and dry.
- test our fire-making skills by helping each other learn the best techniques with and without matches, then bask in the warmth of our accomplishments by preparing food over the fire
- learn what "weeds" and mushrooms are edible...and which to avoid!
- create our own tinctures, balms, and insect repellent with items found in nature
Students can also expect to learn outdoor safety and basic wilderness first aid. We will enjoy hanging out around the fire, staying warm in shelters that we make, eating homemade snacks, playing fun games, and sharing cool stories!
- Outdoor Skills Camp$130$1300$0